Contract Logistics - Kitchen furniture transportation
The Schenker AG, with its appr. 68,000 employees, is one of the biggest integrated contractors in the field of logistics worldwide. For various industrial sectors, e.g. automotive, consumer goods, electronics, industrial and healthcare, DB Schenker as a subsidiary of the Schenker AG (20,000 employees in 50 countries, 570 locations) offers individual service solutions. The service portfolio entails all steps of the value-added chain - from acquisition and production to distribution and after-sales. Their key competences lie in the planning and execution of complex, global supply chains. From their location in Saarbrücken/Germany they distribute kitchen furniture for the most important German providers to all over France.
Transportation management with tour planning
DB Schenker was in need of a software system for their planning of the distribution tours of appr. 70,000 kitchens all over France. This system should take into account the peculiarities of the transportation of kitchen furniture.
• Transfer of various forwarder-interface data to the tour planning
• Support of downstream processes like delivery notification and calculation of freight
• Analysis of all processes and collection of the requests
• Company-wide launch auf the tour planning system conceito TourViewer (www.tourviewer.de)
• Integration in the DB Schenker system landscape; including a supporting infrastructure of delivery notification and calculation of freight
• Training and support
• Fast and flexible planning processes
• Increased efficiency through the support of downstream processes
„We decided to go with conceito for this project and to implement their tour planning system conceito TourViewer because we found high-level knowledge and profound experiences about the implementation and integration of planning systems for the transportation of furniture. The conceito consultants know the processes and interlockings of production and transportation planning within this industry from numerous projects.“
Mr. Trier, Director of disposition France logistics kitchen furniture, DB Schenker